Every year, the PCF publishes an electronic guide providing information on all aspects of prostate cancer. The chapters covered are as follows.
- General information including diagnosis, symptoms, risk factors, and medical basics.
- Information for the newly diagnosed, including detection, diagnosis and treatment selection.
- Treatment options for localized or locally advanced prostate cancer. These include active surveillance, surgery, various radiation modalities, and other experimental therapies for localized prostate cancer.
- Living with and after prostate cancer including sections on quality of life, recurrence, urinary, bowel and sexual function, diet, exercise and lifestyle changes.
- What to do if one’s PSA starts to rise. Topics include local treatments for recurrent cancer, therapies for advanced recurrent or metastatic cancer, hormone-resistant cancer, non-hormonal therapy options and side effects from various treatments for advanced prostate cancer.
- Cutting edge developments in prostate cancer research including precision medicine, PARP inhibitors, immune checkpoint inhibitors, CAR T cells and vaccines.
- Information for families of prostate cancer patients including future risk, genetic testing and screening and prevention.
- Here is a link to the most recent edition of the annual PCF prostate cancer guide.